My theme song...well, one of them I guess, I have so many!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Tri-ed and failed...ugghh

So Jimmy and I were totally set to try the mini triathlon. We had trained for about 5 weeks, and so with one week to go, we decided it was time to register. The registration was online so we started the process, but began to have some trouble. We finally tracked down a phone number and I made that fateful call. What? IT’S BEEN CANCELED!!!!???? Grrrr! I had heard him correctly. Apparently they only had a handful of people registered so far, and because of the cost to put on a triathlon (All the help, road closures, etc. ??? that’s what the guy said anyway) they needed at least 80 to 100 participants to make it worth it, so they decided (just that very morning in fact) to cancel the triathlon. Ppphhhhhhhhhssssssss (that’s the sound of air leaving a balloon, but not sure exactly on the spelling). I was totally deflated. Ppphhhhhhhhhhhhhssssssss, Jimmy was too when I told him. Anyway, I will say that we were totally in shape to do it…though not sure how fast we were going to do it…and would have at least finished easily. Oh, well. I guess will wait for the next one to come along and give it a tri…or at least tri to give it a tri.

1 comment:

sorensen formula said...

What a big BUMMER! I was waiting for tales of your amazing feat. Oh well. I'll be on the edge of my seat until next year! :-D