My theme song...well, one of them I guess, I have so many!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Try a Tri

RUN BIKE SWIM So me and Jimmy are going to do a triathlon. Mind you it's just a "baby" one, but it has the potential to be strenuous none the less. We’ve been in training about two weeks. The big day is October 21st, so we still have a few weeks to get ready. It's a good thing. I've come to accept just how out of shape I am. Obviously I was in peek performance shape back in my high school cross country days. I ran 16-something several times for the 3 mile race. Since high school I have run from time to time off and on, and felt like I had stayed in shape at least somewhat. I've always been able to still run 3 miles. I guess I thought since I could run 3 miles, I was in pretty good shape. What really hurt was to finally realize just how slow I was running that 3 miles. I seem to be cruising along these days at a pace just above "old man shuffle". It takes me close to 30 minutes to finish 3 miles. Uuuggghhh! O.k., I'm going to admit it. I'm out of shape. There I said it. Is there some sort of support group for old out of shape cross country runners who have been in denial for 15 years? I think I’m going to require at least a ten step program to overcome my out of shape addiction.

1 comment:

sorensen formula said...

Hey that whole out of shape thing is sneaky. It really does sneak up on you out of the blue. Anyway how did the tri go? inquiring minds want to know!